You can now have your say on how renewable energy projects are engaging with communities.
The Commissioner is leading the Community Engagement Review to enhance community support and ensure that electricity transmission and renewable energy developments deliver for communities, landholders and traditional owners.
The review needs your input to:
- improve community engagement when planning, developing and operating renewable energy infrastructure projects
- ensure projects engage with communities, landholders and stakeholders, including First Nations peoples
- better align project benefits with community interests.
Your submission will contribute to the review’s report which will be provided to the Minister for Climate Change and Energy in December 2023.
How you can contribute
You can complete the survey or write a submission in the review’s online consultation.
The survey is open to the public, including:
- community members and local stakeholder/first nation groups
- local and state governments
- developers and other representative stakeholders.
Please ensure that you make your submission by 5 pm (AEST) on Sunday 1 October 2023.